Friday, August 8, 2008

Looking Back

As I was flying 37,00 feet over the Missouri and Iowa border at 472 MPH, I had just finished downloading the photos from the DEN LC Institute (I did sign up for a flicker account during the conference, so next time I will be much better about daily downloads.) I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face and actually laughed out loud a few times. I was the lone attendee from the Centennial state (AKA Colorado) and met most of the other LC folks for the first time, but I felt like I was looking at photos of my family that I had known for years. The LC Institute was my third Institute and I am still amazed at the incredible connections and relationships that are formed in just 5 days.

Each year I try to walk away with one or two “must dos.” The amount of information that was shared during our week at Discovery was incredible – trying to tackle it all would be CRAZY!!

So, just what are the “must dos” I came away with this year? As for working with students, I am absolutely ecstatic that I finally learned how to utilize green screen with my Mac. This will open up a whole new world to my students and me.

On a professional level, I will embark on social networking – learning from others and sharing with others. I feel terrible. My mother, who has jumped into this crazy world of technology, recently took a trip. Prior to the trip I had convinced her to start a blog. What better way to keep friends and family updated on her journey? I attended my third Institute and didn’t blog once during the week…he would be very disappointed. Well, watch out for my wiki and beware of my blog!

THANK YOU to everyone at Discovery Education for making the 2008 LC Institute an amazing week!

No comments: